What to do if the Addins ribbon does not appear?
What to do if Real Statistics disappears from the Addins ribbon?
Two hints were given in the Blogs of 7 August 2016 and 8 May 2015. These are repeated below. Keep in mind that even if the Addins ribbon does not appear or Real Statistics does not appear on the Addins ribbon, you can still access the Real Statistics data analysis tools by pressing Ctrl-m.
- Press Alt-TI. On the dialog box that appears uncheck the Analysis ToolPak and ToolPak-VBA add-ins and click on the OK button.
- Close Excel and reopen Excel.
- Press Alt-TI. On the dialog box that appears check the Analysis ToolPak and ToolPak-VBA add-ins and click on the OK button.
This procedure assumes that you have previously installed RealStats (or RealStats-2007 if using Excel 2007). If not, then in step 1, prior to clicking on the OK button install Real Stats (and so RealStats and Solver should appear on the list of add-ins with a check mark next to them).
This problem is likely due to a security enhancement that Microsoft recently made to Excel which impacts add-ins. The following steps should be useful in eliminating this problem.
- If Excel is running, close it
- Find the file with the Real Statistics add-in. Right click on the file and click on the Properties option from the menu that appears.
- Towards the bottom of the General tab of the Properties window you will see the security message “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer”. Next to this message is the Unblock check box. Make sure this is checked and press the OK button.
- Start Excel
If you don’t see the security message in step 3 above, then probably the cause of the problem is different.