Six Excel workbooks can be downloaded for free which contain worksheets that implement the various tests and analyses described in the rest of this website.
- Real Statistics Examples Part 1A and 1B: Basic Capabilities, Distributions, T-tests, Chi-square tests, Testing for Normality and Symmetry, Non-parametric tests, Correlation, Reliability
- Real Statistics Examples Part 2A and 2B: ANOVA, Regression, Survival Analysis, Dealing with Missing Data
- Real Statistics Multivariate Examples: Hotelling T-square tests, MANOVA, Box’s Test, Factor Analysis, Cluster Analysis, Discriminant Analysis, Correspondence Analysis
- Real Statistics Time Series Examples: Time series analysis, Markov Chains, Complex Numbers
All five of these files are compatible with the latest release of the Real Statistics Resource Pack (Release 5.4).
- Click here on Real Statistics Examples Part 1A to download the Part 1A examples workbook.
- Click here on Real Statistics Examples Part 1B to download the Part 1B examples workbook.
- Click here on Real Statistics Examples Part 2A to download the Part 2A examples workbook.
- Click here on Real Statistics Examples Part 2B to download the Part 2B examples workbook.
- Click here on Real Statistics Multivariate Examples to download the multivariate examples workbook.
- Click here on Real Statistics Time Series Examples to download the multivariate examples workbook.
Downloading any of these workbooks means that you accept the Real Statistics License Agreement.
Before you use any of these workbooks for the first time, you need to make sure that it synchronized with the Real Statistics Resource Pack, the Excel Add-In, as described next.
After you download the Real Statistics Examples Workbook, before you open the workbook for the first time, you should make sure that the Real Statistics Resource Pack has been installed (see Real Statistics Resource Pack Installation). You should close any Excel workbooks that are open and then open the Real Statistics Examples Workbook.
When you open the Real Statistics Examples Workbook for the first time you may receive the following messages:
“This workbook contains links to other data sources”
If you receive this message, click here to determine how to proceed. If you don’t receive this message then simply use the workbook as you would any Excel spreadsheet.
Alternatively, you may see the following message below the Ribbon and above the Name Box (see Excel User Interface).
“Security Warning: Automatic update of links has been disabled”
In this case, click on the Options box and then click on Enable Content. From this point on you proceed as described above.
Using the Examples Workbooks
Once you have download and installed one or both of the examples workbooks, you can click on any tab to access the various examples found in this website. Two tables of contents are provided to help you find the desired example.
The second worksheet in the workbook (labeled TOC) is the table of contents for the rest of the workbook. Clicking on any of the entries takes you the specific example described in the corresponding part of this website. The entries in the TOC correspond to the various pages in this website. In this way you can follow along with any of the topics in the website in Excel.
There is a more concise table of contents, which may be found in the first worksheet (labeled TOC0). Clicking on any of these entries takes you to the first entry in TOC for that general topic. The entries in TOC0 correspond to the menu items in the Content Menu (that appears on the right sidebar of this website).