The Real Statistics Resource Pack contains a variety of supplemental functions and data analysis tools not provided by Excel. These complement the standard Excel capabilities and make it easier for you to perform the statistical analyses described in the rest of this website.
If you accept the License Agreement, then
Click here on Real Statistics Resource Pack 2003 to download the latest version of the resource pack for Excel 2003 (Release 3.0).
Click here on Real Statistics Resource Pack 2002 to download the latest version of the resource pack for Excel 2002 (Release 3.0).
The resource pack takes the form of file with extension .xla (instead of the .xlam file used with Excel 2007/2010/2013/2016).
Downloading this resource pack means that you accept the License Agreement.
Once you have downloaded the Resource Pack, you need to install it using the following steps:
- Move the Resource Pack to where you want it located on your computer (see our recommendation below). Caution: once you install the resource pack at a particular location it will be more difficult to move it later.
- Open Excel, but don’t try to open the realstats-2003.xla or realstats-2002.xla file that you downloaded earlier.
- From the Tools menu choose Add-Ins (alternatively you can press Alt-TI).
- Check the Realstats option on the dialog box that appears and click the OK button.
- If this option doesn’t appear, click on Browse to find and choose the realstats.xla file that you downloaded earlier. Then complete step 3 as described above.
While you can place the Real Statistics Resource Pack anywhere on your computer, we recommend that you put the file in the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user-name\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns
where user-name is your user name in Microsoft Windows. Since some of these folders are hidden, you may find it convenient to enable showing hidden folders.
Real Statistics Functions
Once you have installed the Real Statistics Resource Pack you can use the supplemental functions in the same way as you use the built-in worksheet functions supplied with Excel. These functions are described throughout the rest of this website. A complete list of these functions can be found in Real Statistics Supplemental Functions and Real Statistics Multivariate Functions.
Real Statistics Data Analysis Tools
You can access the supplemental data analysis tools by pressing Ctrl-m or by clicking on the Real Statistics menu which is automatically added to Excel. A dialog box will appear which lists all the available supplemental data analysis tools. You need to choose one of the data analysis tools from this list.
A dialog box will then appear as described in Real Statistics Supplemental Data Analysis Tools which enables you to specify your input data and choose from available options. You can also access Help to get more information about the selected data analysis tool.
A complete list of supplemental data analysis tools can be found in Real Statistics Supplemental Data Analysis Tools.
Uninstalling the Real Statistics Resource Pack
- Open Excel
- Press Alt-TI
- Uncheck the Realstats option on the dialog box that appears and click the OK button
- Close Excel and delete the file that contains the Real Statistics Resource Pack.