On this webpage we present a number of ways for accessing the Real Statistics data analysis tools.
You can access the dialog box which lets you choose one of the Real Statistics data analysis tools by pressing Ctrl-m. This is the easiest approach since it can be done in all versions of Excel no matter which Excel ribbon is active.
For those of you who use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-m for some other purpose, you can disable Crtl-m from being used as a way to display the dialog box for Real Statistics data analysis tools. In this case you will need to use choose Real Statistics Data Analysis Tools from the Add-Ins ribbon to display this dialog box.
To disable Ctrl-m, press Alt-F8 (or select View > Macros|Macros). Next insert the macro name DisableToolsShortcut in the Macro dialog box that appears and press theRun button. To enable Ctrl-m, repeat the same sequence of steps except that you need to insert EnableToolsShortcut as the macro name.
A menu item has been added to Excel’s Add-Ins ribbon which provides access to the Real Statistics data analysis tools. This capability is only available with Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
If the Add-Ins ribbon is not visible it will appear automatically. If you click on the tab for this ribbon you will see the Real Statistics menu. Click on that and you gain access to the same menu that appears when you press Ctrl-m.
If for some reason you find that the Real Statistics menu item disappears from the Add-Ins ribbon, then you should follow the following steps:
- If Excel is running, close it
- Find the file with the Real Statistics Resource Pack. Right click on the file and click on the Properties option from the menu that appear.
- Towards the bottom of the General tab of the Properties window you will see the security message “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer”. Next to this message is the Unblock check box. Make sure this is checked and press the OK button.
- Start Excel
Quick Accesss Toolbar
In Excel 2007, 2010 and 2013 you can also access the Real Statistics data analysis tools via the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), which is shown in the upper left hand corner of Figure 1 of Excel User Interface. First you need to add an icon to the QAT, as follows:
- Right click anywhere on the QAT
- In the menu that appears, click on the Customize Quick Access Toolbar …
- A dialog box will appear as shown in Figure 1. On the leftmost scrollable list (headed by Choose commands from), click on the downward arrow (initially next to the label Popular Commands) and choose the Add-Ins Tab option
- The left side of the dialog box will change to the image shown in Figure 2. Double click on the Menu Commands option (or click on the MenuCommands and press the Add button) and then click on the OK button.
- An icon will now be added to the QAT which provides access to the Real Statistics main dialog box.
Figure 1 – Customize Quick Access Toolbar
Figure 2 – Double click on Menu Commands
You only need to perform these steps one time. Once you have done this, you need to click on the icon that was added to the QAT and select Menu Commands|Real Statistics > Data Analysis Tools. This provides access to the same menu that appears when you press Ctrl-m.
Macros dialog box
You can access the Real Statistics data analysis tools dialog box in all versions of Excel using the following steps:
- Select View > Macros|Macros in Excel 2010/2013 or Developer > Code|Macros in Excel 2007 or select Macros from the Tools menu in previous versions of Excel (or simply press Alt-F8 in any version of Excel).
- On the dialog box that appears enter InitStats and click the Run button
Figure 3 − Macro dialog box access